Sunday, February 5, 2012

You are what you is.

I live in a small, mostly white rural community in upstate New York and most everyone I talk to is super critical of Obama. But most can't articulate any specifics other than the increase in the national debt, which they hear about on FOX. When I asked them why they weren't so vocal when Bush was promoting many of the same policies that increased the debt, as did Clinton, Bush 1, and Reagan, they just stutter and fumble and then mutter something to the effect that they weren't paying attention then. When I ask why now, they have nothing to say. But I know... And so do they. They just won't say it. That might be the difference between living north of the Mason-Dixon line. People think that if they don't say it out loud, they're not racists.

No comments:

Post a Comment